Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Untitled

dHow can you expect me to smile,
When the taste of bile remains on my tongue?
How can you expect me to hug you,
When your arms were around her waist?
How can you expect me to kiss you,
When her lips were on your neck?
How can you expect me to trust you,
When you indulge in cheating?
How can you expect me to laugh,
When stones stay in my stomach?
How can you expect me to look you in the eye,
When your eyes are hungry for what I will not feed you?
How can you expect me to talk to you,
When her words are in your head?
How can you expect me to stay,
When you keep smacking me in the face?
How can you expect me to leave,
When I'm a part of you?
How can you expect me not to break your fradgile face,
When you keep beating me senseless?
How can you expect me to not doubt myself,
When you always seem to find someone better?
How can you expect me to bury my face in your chest,
When you don't care?
How can you expect me to smile?

How could I expect you to care,
Knowing you would let me down time and time again?
How could I trust you,
Knowing you would break it time and time again?
How could I hug you,
Knowing you would go somewhere and do something else?
How could I look you in the eye,
Knowing you're longing for someone better?

If I mean the world to you, why can't you treat me like you feel?
If you see us going far, why can't you let us go far?
If you want to be happy with me, why won't you let yourself be happy?
If you want to be with me, why can't you just be with me?
If you're comitted, why do you commit crimes in this relationship?
If you're with me, you know I'm one in a million, and you should treat me as so.

I'm a young woman, and I'm a princess. You should treat me as one, because you don't know how long I'll be here. You should love me the way you say you do, because I'm not all talk. Are you? Can you handle me? Can you stand the thought of me being upset at you? If it bothers you so much, why don't you stop doing things that make me upset? If self-doubt is what you wanted to give me, thanks a lot, I got it in the mail at one AM this morning. If I'm all you want, stop searching for someone else. If I'm all you make me up to be, why don't you stop tyring to make me someone else. If I'm your girl, why don't you just let me be just that?